*SCAPEmedia SCREEN: Outsiders | 2004 | Singapore | Sam Loh | R(21)
Sam Low will be present for a dialogue session after the screening.
NOTE: We apologise for the confusion. All tickets sold are non-refundable. (Please read the important notes below)
Mention the name Sam Loh and local film fans would almost immediately connect this prolific filmmaker with gratuitous sex and violence, genre elements that are seldom seen in Singapore cinema. His recent feature films “Lang Tong” and “Siew Lup” were notorious for pushing the envelope of content that are allowed by our film censors for mainstream theatrical release. His debut independent feature “Outsiders” contains objectionable scenes that required mandatory cuts from MDA leading to the film’s withdrawal from SIFF2004, and it has not been shown publicly in Singapore ever since.
Interestingly and paradoxically, there is another side to Sam Loh as a veteran director of television programs and drama, displaying a range that sees him directing drama series for Channel 5 (Lions Mums, In Cold Blood) Channel 8 (C.L.I.F 4, Dream Coders) and Suria (9 Lives) to Kids Central content. How does the prolific and versatile filmmaker traverse and switch between his television and commercial work to R21 exploitation flicks such as Lang Tong? Hear it from the man himself as he shares his inner most obsessions about filmmaking and his extensive experience behind the camera.
About Sam Loh
Sam Loh has more than 18 years of film directing experience. He began his career at Caldecott Productions directing TV commercials. Currently, he is a freelance film director who works regularly with prominent production houses that produced dramas and programs for MediaCorp. He started Outsider Pictures to make independent and original movie content for the local and international market. ‘Lang Tong’ ‘ 靓汤’– his R21 Chinese independent movie was well received and had a sold out screening at the 2014 Singapore International Film Festival. It was also screened commercially at all local cinemas in March 2015.‘Siew Lup’ ‘ 烧腊’ – his follow up to ‘Lang Tong’ and part of his femme fatale trilogy was also the first film to sold out at the 2016 Singapore International Film Festival and is slated for theatrical release on 23 Feb 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
• A non-refundable fee of $8 will be charged for each ticket booking.
• Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Seat reservations will close on 17 June 2017, 12 pm. Any cancellations MUST be done BEFORE the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your reservations will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1. I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2. I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE Co. Ltd is able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3. I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE Co. Ltd to authorised third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4. I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5. I acknowledge that *SCAPE Co. Ltd own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6. If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE Co. Ltd at the event site.
7. I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organized by *SCAPE Co. Ltd, to receive information on *SCAPE Co. Ltd benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, edm and/or post.
- The event description was updated. Diff#249526 2017-05-26 08:35:23
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00 Free Seating (Non-refundable) SOLD OUT $8.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take Service Lift up to Level 5 and turn left.
*SCAPE Co. Ltd3,190 Followers